When I sell a handmade journal, I always send it with lots of extras, and over and over I got the same lovely compliment from happy paper fans: “This was better than Christmas!” So, yeah, I am shamelessly going to call these Better Than Christmas Book Arts Boxes.
Inside each one are over 50 pieces of paper and textile ephemera for making your own book or journal arts, including:
- Two yards tea-dyed sari silk
- Two yard onion-skin-dyed sari silk
- Length of tea-dyed gauze
- Length of onion skin gauze
- One yard vintage French lace
- 25 mini mother of pearl buttons in a vintage tin
- Sample size (10ml) handmade walnut ink
- Sample size (10ml) handmade acorn cap ink
- Four oversize cigarette cards (flowers)
- Four regular cigarette cards (butterflies)
- Four cartes de visite circa 1880s
- Four assorted vintage French prayer cards
- Two vintage, handwritten postcards
- Signature from guide to plants, 1902
- Handwritten letter, English, 1867
- Handwritten letter, French, 1902
- Assorted vintage invoices/receipts
- Welsh bible pages, 1843
- Dictionary pages, 1878
- Ledger page, 1896
- Saturday Magazine, 1838 (four pages)
- Scrap pack of tea and plant dyed papers
- UHU glue stick (large size)
- A mini, handmade journal with wraparound cover (each one will vary. The one in the photo is 4/5″ x 3.
Click on individual photo for larger view.
Now it really matters to me that you get something special, that you might not find somewhere else, so whenever possible I am happy to try to customise the components. Just let me know if you want less of one thing in favour of more of another and if I can substitute, I will. That is why I am asking you to contact me rather than offer this bundle as a Buy It Now. Send an email at email@example.com or a DM on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/book.and.paper.arts/ to request a box or to ask if items can be tweaked.
Cost is £65 GBP and shippping £4 in the U.K. and £9 worldwide.