This is an altered book about gamesmanship, 1950s, full of pockets and tags and vintage ephemera. On the cover is an ink blotter from the 1920s and inside are (click on any photo for larger view):
- carte de visit c. 1880s
- small calling card c. 1910s
- French holy card
- handwritten French invoice, 1878
- belle from La Mode Illustrée, 1880
- handmade tag on vintage book frontispiece with photo of girl, 1910
- two French postcards, 1902 and 1903, altered with
- animal engravings, 1912, into which are tucked:
- French holy card and French playing card, 1890
- Small Swiss German new year’s card in trifold.
- Reproduction birds on French military notebook page, 1911
- Pocket from vintage butterfly guide
- French first communion card, 1939
- Engraving of Queen Mary from English history book, 1878
- Page from guide to Worcester cathedral c. 1930s
- French cigarette card of vamp, and English cigarette card of butterflies
- Reproduction birds on handwritten French invoice
- Distressed label from vintage Irish linen thread packet
- Reproduction of praying nun
- Mini pocket of eco-print
- Mourning card, 1918.
Many, many hours of handwork went into this altered book. It is one of a kind and can be displayed on a table or shelf, and it makes an unforgettable gift.
Book is £95 plus £5 worldwide shipping. Please let me know if you have any questions.