NOTE: I will be posting new book boxes in September 2020. Please email or DM on Instagram to go on a wait list to be first in line!
This new round of book boxes full of hard-to-find paper and other French brocante for use in your art journals, junk journals, assemblage, or other mixed media projects. Below is a list of the basic ingredients but please note that each and every box will be different. If there are any major substitutions to be made, I will ask you about them before you buy so that I can make sure it is something you are happy with. If possible, I can try to adjust the contents to your specific interests so just let me know and we will see what can be done. (I will be featuring English themed boxes in November, so if that is more your thing, hang on for that!)
- One vintage rosary;
- Ten yards French linen thread (unwaxed);
- Three yards heavy French linen chanvre twine;
- Vintage tin (distressed);
- Misc. buttons;
- Three cartes postale, two with handwriting;
- Edition of La Mode Illlustrée, a womans fashion magazine. Each will date from the 1870s to the 1880s and comes in a signature with four pages;
- Two misc. handwritten pages, legal documents;
- Handwritten pages of prayers;
- School notebook 1899-1903 with handwritten lessons;
- French dictionary pages, 1846, four pages;
- Signature from French prayer book, 1822, eight pages;
- Selection of invoices and/or letters, 1860s to 1940s;
- Three cartes de visites (photographs), circa 1880s;
- One handwritten invoice folded in wrapper style ;
- Eight playing cards, 1890;
- Eight vintage prayer/holy cards;
- Two editions of Bulletin Des Lois (1835 to 1846). Printing is letterpress and they open to 16” x 20”.
- Three pages from Femina, 1911, with lots of ads;
- Signature and book pages, 1838, four pages;
- Signature from prayer book, 1822, six pages;
- Signature from prayer book, 1724, six pages;
- Three vintage, handwritten postcards;
- 10ml sample of handmade walnut ink;
- Length of vintage lace;
- Two yards tea-dyed sari silk;
- Length of tea-dyed gauze;
- UHU, archival quality glue stick.
Click on any photo for larger view or scroll down for video unboxing.
To buy, please send me an email at email@example.com or a DM at Instagram @bookandpaperarts. Please let me know if you have any questions. I am proud of the quality and uniqueness of these boxes. Here are a few testimonials from happy collectors who bought earlier boxes:
“I received your box today and it exceeds all expectations!! I am having so much fun looking and feeling all the items inside! I love the vintage tin with the buttons, the inks, handwritten papers and the fabulous little journal inside! You will definitely hear from me again in the future for another order! I hope all is well! You have made one girl very happy today!
Thanks so much for the care you took in selecting my items!!” – Susan
“THIS BOX IS UTTERLY AMAZING! Its beauty is breathtaking and we can’t wait to play! Everything is exquisite. The papers. Journals. Packaging. Everything. You have such a knack. Incredible!!! THANK YOU!” – Amy
“Your new ephemera boxers look amazing! You really need to stop tempting me…lol! Thanks for all the extras you sent me with my order.” – Cheryl