SOLD: My latest altered book is a small format but packed with vintage paper goodness. This book is completely hand-altered and is a one-of-a-kind art piece that you can display on a table or shelf; it is meant to be handled, the inserts taken from their pockets and enjoyed for their own sake.
The book is from Bell’s Miniature Series and dates from 1905. Inside are six unique collage layouts and paper ephemera that includes:
- Border of handwritten French document, 1838;
- Ex Libris, 1897;
- Rotograve (photograph) post card of kitten, 1906;
- Engraving of man in top hat from “The Girl’s Own Paper”, 1883;
- Welsh text, 1881;
- Nautical animals from children’s nature guide, 1876;
- Handwritten postcard, 1875;
- Hand-painted, hand-lettered celluloid French holy card, c. 1905;
- Vintage sales card from Singer sewing machines, c. 1910s;
- Page from Observer’s Guide to Bird Eggs,
- Vintage French card frame containing black and white cigarette card photograph, 1890s and Victorian era scrap card with French scripture
- French holy card with extra angels, 1922.
If you would like to buy this book, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on thumbnail boxes below to see a larger version of any image.
The book measures 4″ x 6″ (10cm x 15cm). Cost is £105 GBP (this is approximately $145 but please use this currency converter for current correct exchange rate). Worldwide shipping is £11 (approximately $15). You can buy using the Buy It Now button below, or contact me at email@example.com.