This is an altered book cover. I used original ephemera to make this mixed-media collage using a vintage book cover as the canvas. (Scroll all the way down to see video of the making of this piece.) Elements in include (click on image for full resolution):
- Vintage book cover, 1880s
- Tintype of two women, 1860s
- French envelope with mourning border, 1906
- French postcard with gorgeous handwriting
- Border of French ledger page 1912
- Bird from Swiss bird guide, 1911
The piece measures 8.25″ x 11″ (21cm x 28cm). It can be framed or wired for hanging as is. Cost is £95 GBP with £7 worldwide shipping (this is approximately $128 USD plus $10) but please use this currency converter for exact exchange rate. Please use the Buy It Now button below or contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.