This altered, artist book was created from an early 20th century (English) hymn book.
The pages have been altered with a variety of paper ephemera including:
- Handwritten French and English letters, circa 1840s – 1870s;
- Astonomy lesson, Saturday Magazine, 1838;
- Hand-tinted engraving of English churchyard, 1889;
- Invoice, 1902;
- Vintage bird engravings (black and white), 1912;
- Engraving of vain woman, 1886;
- Blue-tinted woman with turban, 1919;
- Engraving of eggs, 1865;
- Welsh prayer book, 1840s;
- Kangaroo, 1911;
- Frontispiece from prize book, 1921;
- French military cahier page, 1897;
- Swiss envelope and stamp, 1902.
This is a one-of-a-kind work of altered art using a lot of original vintage paper ephemera. It takes many hours to make from preparing the book for embellishing to designing and executing that pages, each one of which is a unique piece of collage.
The cost is £115 and worldwide shipping is £6. Please let me know if you have any questions.