Please note: I have five boxes available for December 2021. More are coming in January of the new year.
The return of the French Book Arts Ephemera Boxes. Each parcel is filled with vintage French treasure to inspire your art journals, junk journals, collage, altered books, or other mixed-media work. Each box is curated by hand and is filled with hard-to-find handwritten paper, post cards, cabinet photos, and French brocante, all authentic and little pieces of mysteries and unfinished stories that have been waiting to be found. (I also add plenty of English and Welsh pieces, too. Because they are here.) To see still photos, scroll down.
While every box is different, each contains:
- Vintage tin (distressed);
- mother of pearl and horn buttons;
- Three handwritten cartes postales;
- Edition of La Mode Illlustrée, a womans fashion magazine dating from the 1870s to the 1880s. Four pages;
- handwritten legal documents (actes notaires);
- French dictionary pages, 1826, four pages;
- Signatures from various French texts, 1744-1878;
- Two cartes de visites (photographs), circa 1880s;
- Four playing cards (jeu de tarot);
- Five vintage prayer/holy cards;
- Edition of Bulletin Des Lois (1835 to 1854). Printing is letterpress on laid paper.
- Two large pages of ads from Femina (1911);
- 10ml sample of handmade walnut ink;
- Length of vintage lace;
- Two yards sari [read more]